Nordost Frey 2 Tonearm Cable+
$2,650.00 – $3,335.00 inc. GST
• Fully manufactured and terminated in the USA
• Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) insulation
• Mechanically tuned lay and lengths
• 4 x 26 AWG Silver plated 99.99999% OFC Solid Core
Conductors: 2 Twisted pairs individually shielded, Dual Mono-
• 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC bond wire w/ Micro Mono-
• 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC removable ground whips
w/Micro Mono-Filament design
• Capacitance: 11.77pF/ft (38.5pF/m)
• Velocity of Propagation: 76%
• Overall Shield Coverage: 98%
• Tonearm cables are available with straight MoonGlo® DIN,
RCA, or XLR connectors. Standard model numbers reflect a
straight MoonGlo® DIN to RCA.
The tonearm lead is one of the most critical audio cables in an analog system. As such, it demands a purpose-built, low capacitance conduit, in order to maximize the authentic and natural musical reproduction that LPs offer.
The Frey 2 Tonearm Cable + is virtually noiseless, with rapid transmission speed and the highest bandwidth capabilities, thanks to its twisted pair design, individualized shielding, and Nordost’s proprietary Dual Mono-Filament technology. It also employs a separately shielded, silver-plated bond wire, wrapped in Micro Mono-Filament, to minimize noise from the line. However, the most exciting aspect of this cable design is its revolutionary grounding solution. Nordost has introduced detachable ground whips, complete with Micro Mono-Filament technology, that further eliminate any noise that could be introduced during signal transfer, regardless of the unique construction of the components found in each individual sound system.
For 90° MoonGlo® DIN connector – please specify pin orientation (A,B,C, or D).
Insulation: Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
Conductors: 4 x 26 AWG
Construction: 2 Twisted pairs individually shielded. Mechanically tuned lay and lengths. Dual Mono-Filament design.
Material: Silver plated 99.99999% OFC Solid Core Conductors
Bond / Grounding Whips: 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC, Micro Mono-Filament design.
Termination: MoonGlo® Straight or 90० low-mass 5-pin Din, RCA, or XLR connectors.
Whips and bond wire terminated with gold-plated 5mm spades.