Nordost Heimdall 2 Tonearm cable +
$1,530.00 – $2,250.00 inc. GST
• Fully manufactured and terminated in the USA
• Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) insulation
• Mechanically tuned lay and lengths
• 4 x 28 AWG Silver plated 99.99999% OFC Solid Core
Conductors: 2 Twisted pairs individually shielded, Micro
• 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC bond wire w/ Micro Mono-
• 24 AWG silver-plated, stranded OFC removable ground whips
w/Micro Mono-Filament design
• Capacitance: 11.46pF/ft (37.5pF/m)
• Velocity of Propagation: 76%
• Overall Shield Coverage: 97%
• Tonearm cables are available with straight MoonGlo® DIN,
RCA, or XLR connectors. Standard model numbers reflect a
straight MoonGlo® DIN to RCA.
The tonearm lead is one of the most critical audio cables in an analog system. As such, it demands a purpose-built, low capacitance conduit, in order to maximize the authentic and natural musical reproduction that LPs offer.
The Heimdall 2 Tonearm Cable + is virtually noiseless, with rapid transmission speed and the highest bandwidth capabilities, thanks to its twisted pair design, individualized shielding, and Nordost’s proprietary Micro Mono-Filament technology. It also employs a separately shielded, silver-plated bond wire, wrapped in Micro Mono-Filament, to minimize noise from the line. However, the most exciting aspect of this cable design is its revolutionary grounding solution. Nordost has introduced detachable ground whips, complete with Micro Mono-Filament technology, that further eliminate any noise that could be introduced during signal transfer, regardless of the unique construction of the components found in each individual sound system
For 90° MoonGlo® DIN connector – please specify pin orientation (A,B,C, or D).