Moon 280D Digital to Analog Converter (DAC)
- Made in Canada
- 32bit DAC
- Single-ended & Balanced outputs
- Can be ordered with the MiND2 streamer
World of music
Imagine a world of music right at your fingertips. The MOON 280D makes this a reality. Simply launch your favorite music services app on your smart device and pair it to the MOON 280D using Bluetooth technology. Then sit back and enjoy the music.
The extraordinary digital engine within the MOON 280D decodes native DSD up to DSD256, as well as PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz, including DXD. The fully balanced analog stage features an exceptional 3rd order filter for lifelike transparency. The result is a level of fidelity that creates an emotional connection to your music.
- Fully asynchronous DAC.
- Supports native DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 (USB only).
- Supports PCM up to 384kHz (32-bit on USB only).
- 7 digital inputs (AES/EBU x 1, S/PDIF x 2, TosLink x 2, USB x 1 and Qualcomm® aptXTM audio for Bluetooth® x 1) for use with virtually any digital source.
- Front panel LED indicators for active input and input signal PCM sampling & DSD rates.
- Optional 8th digital input through our MiND 2 streaming module (via WiFi or Ethernet).
- Analog stage: fully balanced differential circuit for increased dynamic range and headroom, higher resolution, as well as improved signal-to-noise ratio.
For MOON 280D equipped with MiND 2:
Black/Silver, Black, Silver
Frequency response (full range)
2 Hz – 100 kHz +0/-3 dB
THD @ 1kHz, 0dBFS (A-weighted) 0.001 %
Intermodulation distortion: 0.002 %
Dynamic Range: 120 dB
Signal-to-noise Ratio: 118 dB @ full output
Channel Separation: 116 dB
Intrinsic Jitter: 1 picosecond RMS
Analog Output @ 0dBFS: 2.0 V
Analog output impedance: 100 Ω
PCM Bit-depth range: 16 – 32 bits
PCM sampling frequency rates: 44.1 – 384 kHz
DSD sample rates: DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256
Shipping weight: 16 lb / 7.5 kg
Dimensions (width x height x depth):
16.9 x 3.4 x 13.1 in
42.9 x 8.6 x 33.3 cm