Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable with Ortofon 2M Red
$829.00 inc. GST
- 8.6”, Carbon Tonearm
- 33, 45 (manual speed change)
- Belt Drive
- Ortofon 2M Red (MM) Moving Magnet Cartridge
- Hinged perspex lid
‘Vinyl won’t survive,’ they said, throughout the transition era where tapes reigned supreme and CDs started to emerge. When music started to be digitised, compressed, and turned into something it wasn’t. They didn’t count on us remembering that classic sound, that quality, that had the potential to move us.
And then we came along with the Debut model. Beginning production in the late 90s in the Czech town of Litovel, East of Prague, we wanted to change the game with a low cost turntable that could bring that experience back. So we did.
Today’s Debut Carbon is a very different turntable, with precision as a big factor on top of design and sound quality. In line with turntables with a much higher price tag, the Debut Carbon has a carbon fibre tonearm and heavy platter to reduce resonance for smooth, clear music, and comes pre-fitted with the Ortofon 2M Red cartridge to match. We’ve also just upgraded it with a DC power supply for more precise speed stability and reduced vibrations.
8.6″ Carbon tonearm
We use premium, cutting edge materials for all our components, especially our carbon fibre Debut Carbon tonearm.
- Higher rigidity
- Heavily reduced reverberation
- No sound colouration – your music sounds pure and natural
- Pre-fitted with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge for great sound and a quick start
Sorbothane motor suspension
Our new suspension system ensures noise and vibration is kept to a bare minimum for the best sound.
- Significant reduction in vibration
- Minimised rumble
- Interference-free drive mechanism for pure uninterrupted audio
- Powered by a DC supply with ultra frequency DC-driven AV generator for greater speed stability
Full width, medium density main platter
The Debut Carbon utilises a medium density platter with a diameter wide enough to support the entire LP for increased stability.
- Improved wow & flutter
- Felt mat provided for record grip and smooth performance
• Device Type: Turntable
• Input: 1x record
• Outputs: 1x RCA
• Dimensions: (W x D x H) 415 x 320 x 118mm
• Weight: 5.6Kg