Ortofon 2M Blue PnP Phono Cartridge
$469.00 inc. GST
– an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5 mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
– Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
– The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
Exclusive Plug-and-Play MkII solution
The 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their S-shaped tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
– Universal mount fitting a wide range of S-shaped tonearms.
– Weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 20 g.
– The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
– Elegant hi-tech design
– Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with the Ortofon TA-110/ TA-210 tonearms, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5.5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1.5 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz – 25 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
Frequency range at – 3dB – 20-25.000 Hz
Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 2 / – 1 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 20 µm/mN
Stylus type – Nude Elliptical
Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/18 µm
Tracking force range – 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
Tracking force, recommended – 1.8 g (18 mN)
Tracking angle – 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.3 kOhm
Internal inductance – 700 mH
Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Blue
Cartridge weight – 7.2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight – 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length – 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit – 2M Blue (interchangeable with 2M Red and 2M Silver)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance.