Ortofon 2M Black PnP Phono Cartridge
$1,279.00 inc. GST
– The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond which slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
– The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
– The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
Exclusive Plug-and-Play MkII solution
The 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their S-shaped tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
– Universal mount fitting a wide range of S-shaped tonearms.
– Weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 20 g.
– The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
– Elegant hi-tech design
– Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with the Ortofon TA-110/ TA-210 tonearms, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz – 26 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
Frequency range at – 3dB – 20-31.000 Hz
Frequency response – 20-20.000 + 2 / – 0 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 22 µm/mN
Stylus type – Nude Shibata
Stylus tip radius – r/R 6/50 µm
Tracking force range – 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
Tracking force, recommended – 1.5 g (15 mN)
Tracking angle – 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.2 kOhm
Internal inductance – 630 mH
Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Black
Cartridge weight – 7.2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight – 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length – 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit – 2M Black (interchangeable with 2M Bronze)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance.