Audiolab 8300CD CD Player/Digital to Analogue Converter
$2,499.00 inc. GST
• Exceptional connectivity, including a USB port and XLR outputs
• USB port can be used to enhance the quality of digital audio playback from a PC, Mac etc.
• Any PC/Mac media player (iTunes etc.) can be controlled via the Audiolab’s remote handset
• USB port also allows the player to be upgraded via firmware updates in the future
• Four selectable digital filters enable the user to tailor the sound to his/her own taste
• Ultra-high-quality 32-bit DAC from ESS Technology
• Proprietary, discrete master clock ensures ultra-low jitter
• Balanced, discrete, Class A output stages maximise sound quality
While most CD players are designed purely for CD playback, the 8300CD has been created with flexibility firmly in mind. Their architecture is perhaps best described as a ʻDAC + CDʼ, rather than as a CD player in the traditional sense. The DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Converter) is the cornerstone of their design, which is why Audiolab has chosen the Sabre 32-bit audio DAC from ESS Technology to carry out D-to-A conversion.
The provision of digital inputs – optical, coaxial and USB – means the 8300CD can be used to deliver top-quality sound from all kinds of digital sources, including audio files from computers and other media devices. Thus, all music benefits from the superb sound quality produced by the playersʼ DAC and discrete Class A output stages.
• Device Type: CD Player/DAC
• Input: 2x Optical 2x Digital Coax 1x 1x Digital XLR USB Single CD
• Outputs: 1x Optical 1x Digital Coax 1x RCA 1x XLR
• Dimensions: (W x D x H) 445 x 317 x 80mm
• Weight: 6Kg